Tuesday, August 09, 2005

New York, New York

Just spent 5 days in NYC and got some very exciting findings for new jewellry. I walked in almost every store on 37th and checked all the variety. It was overwhelming. "All circuits are busy...all circuits are busy..." What I do know is that as I learn more and see and especially handle more, I will be able to tell the difference between the real and the fake when the fake is good.

Found some new Czech crystals with great new colors and purchased a selection for new work. They'll be in some of the pieces for the September show.

I met this woman at School Products, which is a yarn store (see wordswitsnwool.blogspot.com) and we just started talking as sometimes you do. It turns out that she's a jeweller, too, doing goldwork with granulation. She knew all the stores I was going to and gave me names for some at Metalliferous. Trips are great for meeting new folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home